Monday 19 November 2007

More structure, more pictures, more more more...

Yes indeed. Now that I have regular access to the online world, I can do some things I never got around to doing.

First off, I've added some really basic labels to my posts for easy referencing. I'll be expanding them as the number of topics increases but for now you can, for example, view all the Japanese words of the week posts in one go. Whether or not that interests people is beyond my control but the option is there =-).......

Secondly, some have asked for pictures of cars, so you'll find some more below. Including the one of the two bikes I liked the most from the show (I'm not only crazy about cars heh).......

Lastly, the "more more more" part refers to more frequent posting. I always seem to draw myself into these regular "segments" such as my old MSN "Did you know" facts and now my "Japanese word of the week" posts. I've been keeping a list of funny incidents so now that I have time to transcribe them all, I'll slowly be introducing yet another regular to my blog. It has no name yet but I'm sure one will make itself known heh........... til then, enjoy the pictures (I hope you can load them to a larger size, I haven't yet figured out what lets some pictures load up while not others).......

That's me getting out of a brand new Nissan GT-R at the Nissan showroom in Ginza. To be honest, the outside of the car is more impressive than the inside, which I found to be a bit to vertical and not very cohesive in terms of design. But if it's fast enough, I can over look fiddly little interior bits. Also, if you've been looking at pictures online, I should note that they don't do the car justice as it uses its size to make all its styling elements work.

Next up is the Ducati Desmosedici RR. Ducati's are a bit like the Alfa Romeo of the bike world. Distinctly Italian, they always seem to have styling elements that, like Alfa, only they themselves are able to pull off properly. You could probably get bikes just as fast from a Japanese company, but that's not the point. Although I will concede my second favourite bike from the show was the Honda CBR600RR- cost effective and fast?? Yessss.......

If cost were no object, the Ferrari F430 Scuderia is what I would've taken home without even blinking. What's not to love about one of the most brilliant cars in the world stripped out and jacked up on an even bigger dose of speed. In red though.......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Q: The Ferrari Scud or a supermodel?

Anonymous said...

oops well, you dont have the book right karen? or read it right?haha.......... and yes i have read it and i know its true(you will see what i mean when you read it) lawrence, did my dad see your dojo? or is it just really far away from tokyo? they're in like india or something now

Anonymous said...

o yea and garrick doesn't look on this site either right? you know what just to be safe i won't say it

Lawrence said...

A: Theoretically, wouldn't that car be able to get me a supermodel?? More than one even?? haha...... depends on which supermodel too I guess =P.....

Geoff- I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but no, your dad didn't come to me town. It's not "really" far away- 1.5 hrs by train. Far enough that you have to plan the time to go in, not so far that you can still go in whenever you feel like.

Again, I have no idea what you're on about with your second comment heh.....

Anonymous said...

Okay, not about cars.

So I'm glad your parents came to visit you. That must have been so nice.

:D

Anonymous said...

hmm....i've been in a Ferrari F430. a red one too =P but it's really uncomfy sitting in the passenger seat cuz it gets so hot. but then again i guess driving it and sitting in it is different....

Unknown said...

Why not baby blue?!?!??! I love that car! (In baby blue)

WHAT SUPERMODEL?!?!?!?