Saturday 9 August 2008

Your Japanese word of the week is...

"hikouki" which is "airplane". I find that quite fitting since I am getting on the plane tomorrow to head back to Vancouver.

I also realised that I've missed a week!! I apologize but July has been a hectic month what with tournaments, handing off the internship, the Seiritsu Japan Experience! 2008 program, and moving. But all that's done now so I can sort of relax (I'm mid-unpacking/repacking/packing my stuff) and just have a day (maybe 2 heh) off before I get back into the grind to prep for the tournament and Shiramizu's visit.

Really, there isn't much else to say that can't be said in person soooo....... til then =)

Oh, by the way, we took the students to Ginza on Tuesday and I found this......

If you haven't heard about these square watermelons, there isn't anything particularly special about them aside from having been grown in a box. I was told that since the Japanese love to give cakes as gifts, being able to wrap a watermelon in a square cake-like box is desireable...... as a joke or as a surprise, I don't know....... although not many cakes weigh as much as watermelons.

The other benefit is that the watermelons are really easy to stack and store. They also cost, like, $100CAD....................

No comments: