Friday 22 August 2008

Your Japanese word of the week is...

"daihyo" which means "representative". As in, the current Olympians are their respective country's "diahyo". Or in the case of this year's World Wadokai World Championship, being your country's representative is quite an honour.

And as much as I'd like to tell you how the tournament is going, that's for another post.

Instead, I'd like to mention this...


This is the certificate of completion for the Shiramizu Internship. I was the third person to have been accepted the internship and each of the 1-year interns, up to and including this one, everyone has worked hard to make it better than they arrived.

And so, to recognize the work done, I got a Completion Certificate signed by Arakawa Sensei and Richard (Shiramize Internship manager).

Though I never expected anything specific from someone, it was very nice that people think so highly of what the interns are doing.

But beyond that, I'm part-way through the World Championship so you can hear about the results next time =-P.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
It's very well deserved..
As always, I thank you for all your help.

Mike Spain

Lawrence said...

Thanks =)

Hopefully you can make it back again heh.....

Nidan test perhaps?? =P