Thursday 12 February 2009

Oh.......... my......... god.......

Seriously......... what in God's name is happening in Vancouver?! Everyday I check the news and it's ANOTHER shooting. This is not the city I left....... I'll admit that it would be ignorant for me to say that I left a totally clean city with no gangs or drugs (which is untrue), but them brazenly shooting at each other in broad daylight?! That didn't happen......

I mean, when I read about things like this or this, and then I read about how some of these are gangsters out on bail (for, like, the 8th time!)....... I just don't get it..... It's mind-boggling to think that there are judges granting the possibility of bail after someone's been brought in even more than ONCE on a gun crime....

EIGHT shootings in one week........ EIGHT!!

The worst part was that I always (well...... used to) laugh at Japanese crime news because while there's a lot of it and some really are extreme, it always somehow feels very localized.

Granted, there was a massive stabbing spree in Akihabara or the knife-wielding maniac in Hachioji mid-last year..... but in general, a lot of the crime news are more..... I dunno..... weird than threatening....

Like this one- 27 year old police sergeant arrested for sleeping with a 14 year old girl in a karaoke booth.

Or this- 83 year old farmer exposes himself to junior high school boys; offers 100yen for each boy to do the same.

Apparently the farmer though it would be good for the boys' sexual education......

But, honestly, I'd rather have this stuff going on in Vancouver than shootouts every 15hrs....

No comments: