Wednesday 20 June 2007

25 days... 24 days... 23 days...

Yes, it's T-minus 23 days as of today and things are going pretty much right on schedule.

My visa's been approved and is waiting to be picked up, my airline ticket is confirmed and also waiting to be picked up, my traveler's cheques were picked up, I picked up a pair of dress pants and some ties and will be picking up a suit and some new dress shoes. So, in general, just a lot of picking things up.

Most important, I need to go get gifts to thank a very kind Arakawa sensei for taking me under his wing and a very generous Matsuda sensei for providing me with a home-stay. Apparently smoked salmon is quite popular so I'll probably just get some of that. And maybe hedgehogs cuz everyone loves those hazelnut truffle filled chocolate critters. And Purdy's has Turkish Delight too!! If you haven't tried any, you should. It's quite good if I do say so myself, even if Purdy's doesn't make the best Turkish Delight I've had. Considering the alternative is Turkish Delight from Turkey, I guess it'll have to do...

So that's pretty much it. Just a lot of picking things up or planning on picking things up. It's now not nearly as exciting as I thought it was before, but that's ok. I hear Japan's really hot right now so I'll save all my excitement for when I'm being sauteed in my own sweat in the 40 degree heat and 1 million percent humidity. Air conditioning FTW......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun teaching... english. eat lots of sushi and buy urself some hi-tech thing or sword there.
u coming back for xmas?


Geoffrey

Lawrence said...

No, probably not. Any free time I have I'll probably use exploring Japan. But I'll make sure you bring you back something cool haha...

Anonymous said...

i think karen told me u live about 4 hrs from tokyo!!! do u live in a big city though?

Lawrence said...

It's not 4 hours haha....... it's like, 1 or 1.5hrs train ride.

It's a pretty quaint town I guess. I described it a bit in the first and second posts, so just check those out =)

Anonymous said...

i see that your training with some of the top senseis. see if the chief of my karate organization (IOGKF) is there. hes like 9th black belt and can punch thru hard pieces of bamboo. his name's sensei higonna or something, morio higonna.
P.S. yeah im in hong kong right now and i saw a dawn of war that was cheap. if i only buy the dark crusade expansion do i get to use all races? or do i hav to buy the reg game too?

Geoffrey

Lawrence said...

Check your email =P

Anonymous said...

Hi Lawrence.

I finally LAW-gged into your site. It is rather clever, considering your name is LAWrence and you are web-LOGging. Pat on the back for a job well-done.

But... I have been speaking with people who know people about perhaps, maybe, with a probable-cause or intent, of sabotaging your trip. Mainly because I don't want you to leave because I will not have anyone to go for bubble teas with on Sunday evenings.

Sigh.

Actually, I don't know anyone who knows how to sabotage your trip. So the most likely scenario is that you will have a great time in Sugito, and you will make great friends and learn the anime-language. I'm so jealous.

Lawrence said...

Funny you mention that because some people at work want to sabotage my trip too haha.......

Apparently they're just going to call the airport and tell them I'm a terrorrorist (Ali-G!!). And it's supposed to just.... work....

Anyways, thanks for the kind and slightly malevolent thoughts! =)... keep 'em coming....

Jen said...

i think you also need to give thanks to me for being such an awesome coworker for the past 3 years. The final shot of GBC shall take place next Saturday. 2 dollars is on the line here dont forget!

Lawrence said...

Yes, thanks Jen for always making sure I have more food than I can conveniently carry and drive with on the night shifts haha.....

And don't worry, with my pay, I definitely haven't forgotten the prize =P.....