Wednesday 11 July 2007

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG....

Yes, OMG is right. I'm in the midst of packing and it's slowly sinking in.

I mean, I've worked my last day at work, my schedule's packed with people I need to see before I go, my coyote-bashing car's sold, new clothes, new passport, medical insurance.......

At any rate, it's only two days left before I leave. I'm almost done learning hiragana and katakana (thanks Mariko!!) and....... well....... there's not really much else to say. At least the weather's starting to pick up.

So......... check back in a few days to see how my first week in Sugito works out.......

Oh oh....... I also checked the weather in tokyo. And it's a mild and convenient 20-23 degrees and likely to be raining. So it'll be like June in Vancouver except everything will be in Japanese.

Sugito is much the same EXCEPT that the humidity is at 94%!!!!! Well, it's better than 35 degrees and 94% I guess haha......

Oh, and one more thing, I just heard today that a typhoon is expected to hit in the next few days. So I'm gonna arrive with a bang.............. ha ha....... ha............... ok.......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, not as bad as here in hk its like 100% today (i guess thats not much of a difference)



Geoffrey

Lawrence said...

At least there's air conditioning almost everywhere in HK =P.....

I'll be training in 94% humidity. Good for losing body fat though haha......

Anonymous said...

no AC when ur training!?! wow ur gonna sweat a lot. i think my mom and i got a trip to go to japan the 24th, dont know if its near sugito

Lawrence said...

Yeah, no a/c....... they're pretty hardcore over there haha......

Anonymous said...

Lawrence! We miss u already at Lxs. U betta update this regularly, and with pictures of hotties too.

P.S. I didn't clean a loaner this entire week now!

marikoteachesenglish said...

you sound nervous. (especially with a title like a morse code.)
SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS
you'll be fine. remember the hiragana mostly. the katakana stuff is actually all foreign words. If you see katakana, you'll most likely see a foreign logo, picture or icon that will explain it more clearly. good luck!
p.s. drink lots of water.

Unknown said...

bon voyage~!!
itterasshai :)
we'll miss u here~ take lots of pix and take good care of yourself~ ga yau and good luck on everything~
ganbatte ne ^.^

Lawrence said...

Hey hey, first comment from Japan haha....

Thanks for the kind words.

Mariko- I actually got all the katakana down on the plane ride over here, so it's all good.

Check my post for a bit of an update!

Lawrence said...

PS- Noelle, ittekimasu~~ =P